Collections Law/Summons and Complaint

Question
I was just served with a summons and complaint for a medical bill. It was a medical bill from when I had my daughter back in July of 2011. The hospital contacted me and we discussed payment options. They weren't willing to accept the $20 amount I was able to pay each month. I tired explaining to the woman that I was paying seven other medical bills at the time due to having a pregnancy related issues and the $40-$50 a month just wasn't in my budget. I'm not sure how to handle the summons and complaint, any advice would be welcome. I live in Michigan is that helps. Thank you for your time in advance.

Answer
Hello Ms. Brown:

This could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.  You have several options and you can (depending on facts you don't state in your question) take care of not just this present lawsuit but the other debts as well.     

This would be much easier for me to explain on the telephone.   You are welcome to call me anytime that you wish.  I will not charge you just to talk on the phone and I can explain your options that you have.     However, it is important that you call me right away because if you don't do something about this summons and complaint, they will get a default judgment against you for everything they are asking - and the next step would be to garnish your wages or freeze your bank accounts.     Call me at this number.    915  261-3893    I look forward to hearing from you.

Jack Hall J.D.
jackhallbk@aol.com
915  261-3893

Collections Law

Bankruptcy Services