Collections Law/judgements


We had a judgement filed on some medical bills, it went to the local credit bureau, I called and made arrangements to pay the balance of the judgement 1841.96 that i paid in full by 3/5/13.  They then filed on May 2, 2013 a application for writ of garnishment claiming it was unpaid and 100.00 still owing and now more interest 249.85 and 138.55 for writ insurance, postage and garnishment attorney fees.  total 488.40. I paid the total balance on 3/5/13.  It of course was awarded to garnish my husband wages. It was not correct I paid the total order, I did it directly with the credit bureau and they verified the total amount i paid but still did this.  Is this wrong and what can I do?

Well yes it is wrong but unfortunately companies are infamous for doing this especially if you have the ability to pay and or a good job. The best remedy you have is if you have a paid in full receipt. Fax that to them and take it to the court where they filed the garnishment. Good luck and let me know if I you need more advice. Gary Lee Gammenthaler

Collections Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Gary Lee Gammenthaler


Collections Law, Fair Debt Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Credit Repair Organizations Act, Bankruptcy Law,etc.


25 years in the collection agency business, 5 years in credit repair business.

4 years Brigham Young University, 2 years Utah Valley University.

Past/Present Clients
Taco Bell. Tunex Automotive Repair, Carl's Jr, Sound Warehouse, 20 Attorneys in Utah, 40 Apartment Complexes in Utah.

©2017 All rights reserved.