Collections Law/judgements

We had a judgement filed on some medical bills, it went to the local credit bureau, I called and made arrangements to pay the balance of the judgement 1841.96 that i paid in full by 3/5/13.  They then filed on May 2, 2013 a application for writ of garnishment claiming it was unpaid and 100.00 still owing and now more interest 249.85 and 138.55 for writ insurance, postage and garnishment attorney fees.  total 488.40. I paid the total balance on 3/5/13.  It of course was awarded to garnish my husband wages. It was not correct I paid the total order, I did it directly with the credit bureau and they verified the total amount i paid but still did this.  Is this wrong and what can I do?

Well yes it is wrong but unfortunately companies are infamous for doing this especially if you have the ability to pay and or a good job. The best remedy you have is if you have a paid in full receipt. Fax that to them and take it to the court where they filed the garnishment. Good luck and let me know if I you need more advice. Gary Lee Gammenthaler

Collections Law

Gary Lee Gammenthaler

Collections Law, Fair Debt Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Credit Repair Organizations Act, Bankruptcy Law,etc.

20 years in the collection agency business, 5 years in credit repair business.

4 years Brigham Young University, 2 years Utah Valley University.

Taco Bell. Tunex Automotive Repair, Carl's Jr, Sound Warehouse, 20 Attorneys in Utah, 40 Apartment Complexes in Utah.