Collections Law/Spousal Garnishment?

Question
Hello,

Have several assignments of judgment from a client who has a rental prop management company.

If I find that one of my debtors (I'm in Missouri) has a spouse with a job but the debtor may not, can I garshish this to satisfy my judgment?

Also, in Missouri, I'm told that small claims judgments can't be attached to Real Estate. Is there any workaround for this, or a way to elevate the judgment so I can file a transcript of judgment?

Thanks for your thoughts on this!
Dan

Answer
Hey Dan,

I don't believe that you can garnish a spouses income unless they are on the account that you took over.

As far as liens attaching to real property in Missouri, I don't know how that works. In Utah any judgement no matter how large will attach to real property.

Hope that helps.

Brian

Collections Law

Brian Pitcher