Collections Law/Medical Collections

Question
I was wondering if you know the statute of limitations on medical collections in NC? I've read the statute of limitations but I am unclear where medical bills would fall - perhaps under written or oral contracts which is three years?

Answer
The statute of limitation for medical debts in North Carolina is three years unless you have made a partial payment, that resets the clock to another three years.  Just because a debt is older than three years it does not mean collection efforts have to stop. It means they can not use legal means such as suing, to collect. If you do not intend to pay this debt, it is important to remember not to make any partial payments because the statutes start over again.

Please excuse my tardiness in answering this question, I was not notified that I had received it. I usually answer them within a couple of hours.  I wish you the best with this situation.

Collections Law

Ray A Miller