Collections Law/Pathology lab charges

Question
I live in the state of Florida. I had a biopsy done on my tongue in January. The medical office that provided the procedure said that I would be charged $450 and no more, so I paid in full. However, last week, I received a bill for an additional $552 from the pathology lab that did the testing, something I wasn't expecting at all. Was the medical center legally required to tell me about the additional lab charges? If so, does that mean I'm not legally responsible for the charges from the pathology lab?

Answer
They are not legally required to tell you. I suggest you look at the registration papers you signed to have the biopsy done.  It probably has the fact that you may receive bills from other providers on it somewhere.  If you can not find the paper you signed, request a copy of it.  I know this is not the news you wanted but it's the best I have.  I wish you the best with this situation.

Collections Law

Ray A Miller