Collections Law/judgement


I own a Mobile home on a rented lot with by boyfriend , he is being sued by a creditor.  Can the creditor upon a judgement, Take any action to the mobile home since my name is on it also.  
He is 65 and drawing his SS check now.  He is still working but plans to retire soon.  We are in Florida.

Thank you so much for your question.  This web site should prove very helpful: (You should be able to just click on the link.  Your primary residence is protected against any judgment action unless it pertains to the mortgage.  This debt does not. As to wage garnishment, your husbands SS check can not be garnished.  Taking the facts of your question into account, you should be fine. I wish you well with this situation and hope you have a great weekend.

Collections Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ray A Miller


I am qualified to answer questions on the following subjects: FDCPA, FCRA and HIPAA as well as medical collections, general collections and collection agency related issues. I trained these subjects at a nationwide collection agency and customer service call center and audited around 150 representatives for compliance to the laws. I have been in the Collections Industry for over 30 years. I feel that everyone deserves to be treated fairly and with compassion and that is the way I trained collectors. Even though I worked for a Collection Agency, I get great satisfaction in helping those who have been mistreated or in need of help with these confusing issues.


I was the Compliance Administrator with a nationwide collection agency and customer service call center-I have trained hundreds of collectors on the above referenced topics. I have been in the medical collections industry for over twenty years and research these topics on a daily basis.

ACA International

Some college ACA Certified Collection Specialist

Past/Present Clients
I am retired due to medical conditions and spend a good deal of time keeping current on collection issues.

©2017 All rights reserved.