Collections Law/Lower credit score due to inquires

Thank you for taking my question. I need to buy a new car. However, my FICO score isn't too good, but it's not bad either. I'm concerned about getting turned down and multiple inquires lowering my credit score since we plan on trying to buy a house soon.

I was also thinking about going to a car dealership that specializes in dealing with people who have credit problems. Should I be concerned about going to one of these auto dealers when I need to make sure my credit score is as high as possible before I apply for a mortgage? I live in New York State. Thank you!

Good question. If you apply to a car dealership specializing in dealing with people who have credit problems, the car dealer may decide to shop your application with various banks and finance organizations.

The end result could be that you end up with numerous inquires. Suppose you decide to apply to two or three dealers in a short period. The end result could be a nightmare, causing you more harm than good, and almost always resulting in you being turning down.

Ironically, the reason for your denial of credit would be too many inquires. Hope this helps.

Jason A. Shear, Esq.
Admitted in NY & NJ
New York Consumer Attorney
(716) 566-8988

Collections Law

Jason Shear, Esq.

I can answer questions for residents of New York and New Jersey regarding creditor harassment claims under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA); credit reporting errors under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA); debt collection defense/credit card defense; student loan law; and consumer class actions. I can also answer questions relating to consumer debt defense/collection agency defense, specifically pertaining to consumers being sued or harassed by collection agencies or NY collection attorneys. If you live in New York and have been contacted or sued by firms such as: Mel Harris & Associates, Forster & Garbus, Rubin & Rothman, Choi Law Office, Lacy Katzen, Malen & Associates, Solomon & Solomon, Daniels & Norelli, Cohen & Slamowitz, Pressler & Pressler or others; give us a call at (716) 566-8988.

I have obtained settlements for consumers in NY and NJ under the FDCPA and FCRA. I have successfully defended consumers who were sued by collection agencies/debt purchasers in the New York State courts.

National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA) Law Offices of Jason Shear Consumer Attorneys 3957 Main Street, Second Floor Buffalo, New York 14226 (716) 566-8988

BA/BS, Accounting & Political Science, Hunter College. Juris Doctor, Univ. at Buffalo Law School. LLM (Criminal Law), University at Buffalo.