Collections Law/pay day loans

I was paying on a loan and the loan company soldout to a big loan company this has been going on fior a yeare. i did not give the new loan company a chek and they stamped my old check that was written to previous owner paid. i did sign a new loan foe 300.oo been poaying on it since feb. 2014. but lost my job. now thewy are telling me that they are going to file a judgement and come every 90 days and take things out of my home to go to aution. can they do that. i did not put and thing up for collertal.

If they get a judgment, they can levy on your assets, subject to your rights of exemption.  If you owe them only $300, it's unlikely that they would try to levy on you because it's too expensive.  But a lot depends on the terms of your loan, how much you actually owe, and the state you live it (exemptions vary a lot).  It also depends on how much by way of levyable assets you have.

Collections Law

Michael T. Hertz

I can answer most questions concerning bankruptcy, whether business or personal, including questions by debtors, creditors, persons interested in purchasing assets from bankruptcy estates, and the like. Also have expertise in tort law, French and Canadian law.

Practiced bankruptcy for 27 years in California and taught bankruptcy for three years in Maine. This included Chapters 7, 9, 11, 12 and 13 cases, representing debtors, creditors (secured and unsecured), bankruptcy trustees, creditors committees, and persons interested in purchasing assets from bankruptcies. Debtors included persons with virtually no money up to large corporations.

Inactive member of the Bar of the State of California. Nonpracticing member of the Bar of Massachusetts. Formerly member of the Maine Bar and conseil juridique in France. Certified by National Committee on Accreditation in Canada.

Georgetown Law Review; California Bankruptcy Journal; Maine Law Review; Dalhousie Law Journal; University of Toronto Law Journal.

Harvard Law School (J.D. 1970; cum laude) and Pomona College (B.A., 1967; cum laude)

Selected as a "Superlawyer" in 2005 and 2006 for Northern California.