Collections Law/Made court-ordered payments to collection agency; they transferred my account to another collection agency without notifying me

I fell behind in court ordered payments to a collection agency.

I called this collection agency to see if I could pay all I owe them now at this point in time to bring the account current, only to find that since the last time I had paid this collection agency, they had transferred my account to another collection agency! I have not received any notification that this transfer had taken place. I have not received any late notices on payments, nothing regarding this matter from this current collection agency holding this debt. This has been since 10 months ago.

What do I do now? What can I do at this point in time?

Thank you for your time and attention to my message.

Hello Mae:
It wouldn't be surprising if the current collection agency does not have any record of your previous payments to the first collection agency.    So what do you do now?    You have a range of options, some more drastic than the others, but knowing which option is best is entirely dependent on facts you don't state in your question.     If you like, you can call me to talk about this further on the phone and I can explain in more detail.   I will not charge you just to talk on the phone.    Also, it probably would not be a good idea to pay anything further on this account until you decide what you want to do.

Jack Hall, J.D.
915   261-3893

Collections Law

Bankruptcy Services

If you have been served with a summons and complaint, I can answer questions about what your options are and what you can expect to occur.

Experience with many lawsuits over the past 30 years.

Law Degree (J.D.); Bachelors Degree