Collections Law/personal liability-bank loan

Question
10 years ago I signed as an officer of a corporation, on a personal basis also for a line of credit from the bank for the corporation.  I subsequently, resigned or quit the corporation after it continued to lose money, and the president took over my portion of the s corporation ( we filed tax returns as such) about 5 years ago.  Now the bank is looking for payment on the loc, and the president ( who now owns 100% of the stock) is threatening bankruptcy.  Will I be responsible for any of the debt/ all of the debt? When the bank called me, I asked them for a copy of what I had signed; they told me they would not provide such, I believe they have lost the paperwork!

Answer
To the best of my knowledge, the bank has to provide verification of the debt. Unless you have something from your ex partner releasing you from the debt, I am afraid you are stuck.  You need to contact someone who specializes in corporate law.  I wish you the best with this situation.

Collections Law

Ray A Miller