Collections Law/judgement recovery

i hired a judgement recovery service in Arizona. it has been nearly 2 years and they havent collected any monies.I think they are not licensed for this service. Can i fire them and take back the judgement? the way they worded the contract is that i gave up all my rights or recourse.

I would check with the Arizona Attorney General's office ( and verify that the company you are dealing with is properly licensed to provide the judgment recovery services.  If they are not, then you simply write a letter to them informing them of what you have found out and terminate your dealings with them.

Check your contract with them carefully.  There has to be some type of clause in there to allow you the option of firing them due to lack of performance.  No contract that I know of is forever!

Please let me know if this information is sufficient or if you need further assistance.  Best wishes with this situation.

Collections Law

Ray A Miller

I am qualified to answer questions on the following subjects: FDCPA, FCRA and HIPAA as well as medical collections, general collections and collection agency related issues. I trained these subjects at a nationwide collection agency and customer service call center and audited around 150 representatives for compliance to the laws. I have been in the Collections Industry for over 30 years. I feel that everyone deserves to be treated fairly and with compassion and that is the way I trained collectors. Even though I worked for a Collection Agency, I get great satisfaction in helping those who have been mistreated or in need of help with these confusing issues.

I was the Compliance Administrator with a nationwide collection agency and customer service call center-I have trained hundreds of collectors on the above referenced topics. I have been in the medical collections industry for over twenty years and research these topics on a daily basis.

ACA International

Some college ACA Certified Collection Specialist

I am retired due to medical conditions and spend a good deal of time keeping current on collection issues.