You are here:

Collections Law/process to get a return of money from wages garnished before filing for bankruptcy


I filed for bankruptcy and got a discharge, however, i was told i could get my money back that was garnished from my paychecks before i filed for bankruptcy if its not much and the trustee doesnt claim it.  Is that true and what would i need to do?

Hello Breeze.    Yes it is true that you may be able to get some of that money back that was garnished before you filed, but whether you can or not depends on several factors you donít state in your question.    Also, important is when you were discharged, when the money was garnished, when you filed, etc., and whether or not your case has been closed.    

I can help you to recover that money if it is possible, but I need to talk to you on the phone so we can discuss exactly what is involved after I know all the facts.     If you call me I can look up your case to see what the present status of your bankruptcy is.   I will not charge you just to talk on the phone.   You can call me any time at this number.    I look forward to hearing from you if you intend to call.
John Hall     915   261 3893

Collections Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Bankruptcy Services


If you have been served with a summons and complaint, I can answer questions about what your options are and what you can expect to occur.


Experience with many lawsuits over the past 30 years.

Law Degree (J.D.); Bachelors Degree

©2017 All rights reserved.