Collections Law/Bad debtor

Dear Mr. Gammenthaler,

I am currently running a small business selling spare parts to another company on 30 days credit term. It has been over 60 days and the debt has yet to be settled. 50% deposit was paid initially upon delivery but the remaining sum is not. Now the sum isn't large and I am tired of all the follow-up calls and I don't want to use lawyer for this "small" stuff. If I make it public disclosing this bad debt online at every social media like facebook and others so that other small businesses like me dealing with (or will deal with) this bad debtor may know it to be a bad paymaster and refuse to do business with it, will I be risking lawsuit from such disclosure? By the way, I have the signed invoice to prove this is not some made up stuff. Is there any section of the law that shines light on such matter? If I insist on such disclosure approach, do you have any suggestion on making this legally acceptable?

As a small business owner you are not bound to the Fair Debt Collection practices act as a collection agency would be. However using social media to collect on such a debt is bad business practice. I would recommend you contact a local collection agency and see if they offera free precollect letter. Good luck on.

Collections Law

Gary Lee Gammenthaler

Collections Law, Fair Debt Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Credit Repair Organizations Act, Bankruptcy Law,etc.

20 years in the collection agency business, 5 years in credit repair business.

4 years Brigham Young University, 2 years Utah Valley University.

Taco Bell. Tunex Automotive Repair, Carl's Jr, Sound Warehouse, 20 Attorneys in Utah, 40 Apartment Complexes in Utah.