Collections Law/Civil Summons

I was wanting to no if I could just go ahead and pay the amount they said that is due on the account and not have to go to court and have to pay more money.I live in Tenn and I have to be in court the 16th of march.

Thank you for your question Robert.  Just about every civil court has different "rules" concerning this.  My best advice to you is to call the Clerk of Court and ask them this question.  I have seen some courts that would allow it and some that wold not.  In most every case there were some legal fees that have to be paid.  I do know that it will be cheaper for you to pay the debt before the case actually goes to the court room.

I wish you the best with this situation and it you need further information please seed a follow up question.  Have a nice weekend.

Collections Law

Ray A Miller

I am qualified to answer questions on the following subjects: FDCPA, FCRA and HIPAA as well as medical collections, general collections and collection agency related issues. I trained these subjects at a nationwide collection agency and customer service call center and audited around 150 representatives for compliance to the laws. I have been in the Collections Industry for over 30 years. I feel that everyone deserves to be treated fairly and with compassion and that is the way I trained collectors. Even though I worked for a Collection Agency, I get great satisfaction in helping those who have been mistreated or in need of help with these confusing issues.

I was the Compliance Administrator with a nationwide collection agency and customer service call center-I have trained hundreds of collectors on the above referenced topics. I have been in the medical collections industry for over twenty years and research these topics on a daily basis.

ACA International

Some college ACA Certified Collection Specialist

I am retired due to medical conditions and spend a good deal of time keeping current on collection issues.