College Exams (SAT`s)/SAT Writing essay

Question
Hello,
I was wondering what specific events/people/literature I should thoroughly research before hand to reference for the SAT Writing essay? Right now, after looking at a lot of samples, I think Henry Thoreau might be a good choice, but whom else should I research?

Answer
Quite honestly, Terrance, I would suggest you spend your time preparing for the SAT test and don't worry about the essay.  Rarely does it play much of a role in college admission decisions.   Many colleges do not even look at your writing score.  My suggestion for the essay is to make sure you take a stance on the subject and use an example or two from history or a character in a book or something from your life experience.   Brainstorm a few minutes before you begin so you know what ideas you want to include.  Have a strong beginning and summarizing paragraph.  

http://www.collegedirection.org

College Exams (SAT`s)

Susie Watts