College Exams (SAT`s)/SAT Writing essay

I was wondering what specific events/people/literature I should thoroughly research before hand to reference for the SAT Writing essay? Right now, after looking at a lot of samples, I think Henry Thoreau might be a good choice, but whom else should I research?

Quite honestly, Terrance, I would suggest you spend your time preparing for the SAT test and don't worry about the essay.  Rarely does it play much of a role in college admission decisions.   Many colleges do not even look at your writing score.  My suggestion for the essay is to make sure you take a stance on the subject and use an example or two from history or a character in a book or something from your life experience.   Brainstorm a few minutes before you begin so you know what ideas you want to include.  Have a strong beginning and summarizing paragraph.

College Exams (SAT`s)

Susie Watts

I can answer questions pertaining to college selection and application strategies, SAT and ACT test preparation, and general areas of education involving students from kindergarten through high school.

I have tutored students from kindergarten through high school and assisted students with college selection and the college admission
process for the past 16 years. I also teach workshops for the SAT
and ACT tests.

National Association for College Admission Counseling
Higher Education Consultants Association

Bachelor degree in education and counseling with graduate work in individual learning styles and reading development. Continuing education in college admissions and elementary/middle school education