You are here:

College Financial Aid Info/Payment plan/ paying for school


When you set up a payment plan for college, do you have to pay for the classes and books, etc or do they just take it all out of your financial aid?

How do I pay for my books and classes if I don't recieve financial aid in time?

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for writing.  The best answer I can give you is: "It depends."

Some schools will provide for what is known as an "emergency loan" or a voucher, which will be paid back out of your financial aid when it's disbursed.  However, both of those generally require that you use the school's bookstore to take advantage of both of these programs.

Have you spoken with the school's financial aid office to see how they handle this issue?


College Financial Aid Info

All Answers

Ask Experts


Steve McKnelly


I am well versed on issues surrounding post-secondary federal student aid, as administered by the U.S. Department of Education. This includes Stafford and Perkins loans as well as Pell and FSEOG grants. If a question is fielded concerning private student aid, such as career loans issued by a private lender, I may not be able to answer the question.


I worked for a federal contractor on behalf of the U.S. Department of Education. I worked in the Federal Student Aid Information Center for 11 months; the Default Resolution Group for 7 months; and as a research specialist for the Ombudsman Group for 11 years. I was considered a subject matter expert in bankruptcy and litigation, relative to federal student loans.

Phi Theta Kappa Mu Alpha Theta

Associates of Applied Science in Business Administration Paralegal Certificate

Past/Present Clients
Too many to name and their identities are protected by the Privacy Act of 1974 as well as the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.

©2017 All rights reserved.