College Financial Aid Info/Housing


I am a single mother of two and I am attending Joliet Junior College to become a nurse. I am still living at home with my parents but would do anything to have my own place because my parents house is not a safe environment and is not large enough to accommodate all of us, I am thankful they are supporting me, but need my own place. I want to finish school but I don't want to stay at my parents house, if i quit school I could work full-time and afford a place to live, but I think in the long run it would be better for me to get a degree. Is there any resources available to help pay for housing while i finish school and to also help pay for tuition and books?

Hello Angelina,

You are in a tough situation, but I think that your decision to stay in school is the best choice to make. In the long run it will be better for both you and your children if you have a  good degree and a stable job.

There are many resources out there for single mothers that provide financial aid and other resources. Here are a few:

Another option you have is to apply for grants. Grants are free sources of money that you can use to pay for school, and you don't have to pay them back. You can read more about them here:

And here are sites that offer grants:

I hope that this information helps. Good luck!

College Financial Aid Info

All Answers

Ask Experts


Trish Smith


I can answer a variety of questions on college financial aid, student bank accounts, student budgets, student credit cards, student loans, and scholarships.


I currently write for a website that offers information to students about how to pay for college and how to manage their money wisely.

I received my Bachelor of Arts in English in 2002 and my Master's of Liberal Studies in 2007.

©2017 All rights reserved.