College Financial Aid Info/college

Where can I find REAL college grants and scholarships for single mothers?  Other then the fAFSA.  I did that and its only giving me a little bit of money and so I need more.  I did a google search and just too many FAKE things popped up.  Where is the real stuff?

Hi Liz,

You're right that there are many misleading and fake web sites out there that always show up in search results. Here are some legit sites that I've found that should be able to help you.

Grants are some of the best ways to get free money for college. You can read about them here:

And here are some sites that offer grants:

There are also some great sites that are built specifically to help single mothers. Here are a few:

And here are some great articles that offer advice and other web sites that can help you:

I hope this information helps. I wish you the best of luck in your future college career!

College Financial Aid Info

Trish Smith

I can answer a variety of questions on college financial aid, student bank accounts, student budgets, student credit cards, student loans, and scholarships.

I currently write for a website that offers information to students about how to pay for college and how to manage their money wisely.

I received my Bachelor of Arts in English in 2002 and my Master's of Liberal Studies in 2007.