College Football/Verbal Deception Plays Youth Football

Question

Recently a youth football team in CA ran a verbal deception play and the TD was ruled "Good". I am looking for the official C.I.F. Rule pertaining to verbal deception/trick football plays and if the play and toucn down are legal.

Answer
The assumption is the game is played under National Federation rule. That being the case you describe a play situation that if it rises tot he level of a foul it is most likely Unsportsmanlike conduct or an Unfair act.  You describe your play as a "verbal deception play" and without further detail I can't tell specifically how it was a verbal deception play.  Nevertheless you are likely asking about NFHS Rule 9-5-1 or 9-9-1

Per the case book under 9-9-1 comment: Actions or verbiage designed to confuse the defense into believing there is a problem and the snap is not imminent is beyond the scope of sportsmanship and violates the rules..

College Football

Vic Winnek