College Football/College Football Overtime Scoring

Question
My question evolves from wondering what the most points a team can win (or lose) by in an overtime period. I say the max a team can win by in overtime is 14 points. Team A scores a TD  on the first series and then converts a successful 2 point conversion. Then when Team B possesses ball, Team A intercepts Team B for a pick 6. Question. .. is the play dead up the interception since the possession is seemingly ended or can it be returned for TD? Some have said play is dead while I believe it is alive because the possibility of a fumble exists than Team B may then score from. Realizing if Team B didn't score then game would end because both teams had possessed ball. Thank you for your help.

Answer
Doug, Thank you for your question.  You are correct in your belief, the ball remains alive and the score counts in your play.  The Rule reference s NCAA Football Rule 3-1-3 (e), (f).  Your question involves to foul and was :  is the play dead up [sic] the interception since the possession is seemingly ended or can it be returned for TD?  The possession series is not over until the ball is dead by rule and the ball remains alive after the change of possession and becomes dead by rule after the score - touchdown [six points, not Try].

College Football

Vic Winnek