College Life/Colleges In General

Question
I'm developing notes for a fiction involving a college setting and having never attended one I'm looking for some notes on how to describe it. The idea is a small college in Southern California. I'd like to know an average number of students would be ideal and a size for the property for it as well as a list of structures one would expect. What other details should I establish?

Answer
I may not be as much help as I have only attended large universities in multiple areas of NY. You should google small CA colleges and check out their web sites. Be sure to pay attention to their population, campus maps, activities, etc. Most college campuses big or small have student centers where they house events, dining, bookstores, etc. They also have libraries, chapels, and multiple buildings that can house a
Specific colleges or departments.  

College Life

Ms. D