Colombia/hand painted cars

Question
I like to hand paint colors, designs, and logos on my vehicles.  Are poeple in South America and colombia allowed to do this? Are are there insane laws saying you cant?  I would really appreciate an answer.  Thank You.

Answer
Dear Mr. Jack:

The restrictions in Colombia are much less than in the US. There are no so many laws in Colombia. There are a lot less prohibitions and there is a lot more flexibility and forgiveness.

No, I am not aware of any laws restricing designs (drawings and logos) on cars. I have seen cars with designs, but very few cars have them, mainly classic cars. There is hardly any cars here that have hand painted designs. It would say that in South America very few people are into hand painted designs on cars. Those are many done on walls outdoors for the public to see and indoors such as in rooms at home.

There might be a law about changing the color of the car in which the transit office should be notified (for the record when there is a resale of the car), but I do not know the details about that. There might also be a restriction on using tinted windows (for law enforcement), but I believe I have seen vehicles with dark tinted windows.

Cesar

Colombia

Cesar