Colombia/question about colombian passport

Question
My husband is Colombian but he is an american citizen.  He traveled to colombia last week only with an american passport. Is he going to have problems getting out of colombia without a colombian passport? Thanks

Answer
Alexandra,

I don't think anyone can answer 100% by saying he WON'T have any problems, as we can't predetermine what Immigration will do, what questions will be asked, and how deep they go into his exit process.

If he came in on the U.S. Passport, he should definitely leave on the U.S. Passport, to complete the full circle physically (with a stamp) and digitally (in the Colombian and U.S. systems).  Even if he had his Colombian passport with him, I wouldn't recommend showing it and complicating the matter.  I have seen too many people get jammed up showing too many IDs and Passports.

He should be fine...  

Colombia

BRL