Colombia/Cedula

Question
My father is a Colombian citizen who became a US citizen in the 90's. When I was 12 we moved to Colombia and I got a Colombian passport and became a dual citizen of the US and Colombia. When I was 21 I went back to Colombia to visit some family but realized that I had to get a Cedula in order to leave the country, now that I was an adult. I got a temporary Cedula called a Contrasena and that was enough so that I could leave the country and return to the US. I am 27 now and my passport has expired and I have lost the Contrasena. I live in the US (Pacific Northwest) but I would like to renew my passport and get my Cedula. What should I do?

Answer
Hi Edgar,
You have to give power to someone in Bogota to inquire about the cedula that was pending. Colombia changed the cedula format a couple of years ago, that means that you will probably will have to renew the cedula again through the consulate.
Please email us directly at info@colombianpossibilities.com, we can give you more information.
Thanks

Colombia

MRZ