Colombia/Travel to Colombia

Hi, Planning to visit Medellin, Colombia in March of 2014.  My question:  I play to stay a month to check out the City and travel to some other cities.  I have researched on many web sites and found people who have relocated from the US to Colombia.  What is the most cost effective way to enjoy my visit and not simply be a tourist.  I can share a room with someone for around $400 a month and have someone who is familiar with the city. What's your opinion.  Thanks

Dear Mr. Wallace:

You could rent a place near a metro station. That way you could quickly go take the metro and go to many places. If you decide to share a room it would need to be with someone you trust. Yes, you can share a place for $400 or less or more. It is your choice. You could look for places and find the one you like. I can assist you during your visit (including accompanying you) and give you recommendations while you are here. I can provide people who can accompany you and show you around. Just let me know.

(805) 290-1162

At Allexperts I provide free information about Colombia, Ecuador, and Venezuela such as travel and investment advice. My websites are,, and I provide services such as information about real estate in the U.S., Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela. I also sell software and promote artists and models. I have been travelling to and living in Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador and U.S.A. throughout my life. I am familiar with matters related to safety and employment in the mentioned countries. I can provide information about Medellin, Pereira, Santa Rosa, Bogota, and a little bit about Cartagena, Cucuta and a few other cities. I can provide basic general information on touristic matters related to Colombia, United States, Ecuador, Venezuela. A little bit about Colombian and American immigration. I am bilingual in English and Spanish.

I have lived in Colombia in several occasions, most recently for about 6 years until 2014. I have lived in the US for many years. I invite you to visit

I studied Systems Engineering