Colombia/permanent visa for a father of an underage person

Question
i have daughter live in Colombian under 18 years old and my wife die ,so i am responsible for her, beside she need me to be with her,what kind the visa i should have and what is the cost  for permanents visa,and what kinds of forms i need

thank you

Answer
Dear Mr. Afiouni:

I am not in the immigration business. My suggestion is asking the nearest Colombian consulate.
Normally the resident visas are for husbands or wives of Colombians, but your case is unusual and different and I do not know how it works for underage children. That is why I recommend asking a Colombian consulate. Since most of them are busy and might not answer the phone despite calling them many times, then it would be better if you go in person.

Foreigners who want a resident visa could apply for a work visa or some other that will allow them to work in Colombia. You could get her a visa for the place you live at and have her move to where you live instead of you moving to where she lives. That way you can remain in your job instead of moving to Colombia and try to get a job. It would be safer if you get her a visa. Since you are her father it should be possible, but could take a long while.

Best wishes,

Cesar  

Colombia

Cesar