Colombia/dual citizenship?

Question
Ok so here's the deal. My mother is colombian, my father american.  And I was born in Florida. I want to travel to colombia and read that I may not be able to enter the country if I do not have a colombian passport because I have colombian parentage. Is this true? I have my US passport and I thought that would be enough

Answer
Hi Liana,
No it is not true. The Colombian passport is required for those who were born in Colombia, not for those who have Colombian parents but were born overseas. You are all good with only your U.S. passport.
Thanks and happy travels, if you need anything related to your Colombian visit, let us know we will be happy to help.

Colombia

MRZ