Colombia/Death of my brother

I have tried for almost a year to find out what happened to my brothers remains.  I finally was able to get a death certificate but the hospital where he was at refuses to give me information. I have a copy of the medical records as well. At this point I just need closure, we just would like to know where he was buried.  His nationality was Ecuadorian.  We paid for someone to identify the body also pay the hospital but we never heard anything from that individual.  I don't know anyone in Colombia I am a US citizen.  I speak Spanish but I barely read or write in Spanish which has also caused a limitation on my search. If you can please guide me so I can find out were his remains are at.  On the death certificate only has the day and time of his death but no information of a funeral home taking care of the arrangement or nothing of the sort.  We paid for him to be cremated and his ashes to be taken to Ecuador.  I have checked with the Ecuadorian consulate office and was informed that the death certificate of Colombia was never registered in Ecuador so to them he is still alive.
Thank you in advance for any guidance.

Dear Ms. Guajardo:

You can call me and we can talk or send each other emails about it. I suppose that the hospital did not provide information because most likely they were contacted over the phone. You did not indicate if if it was a death that the coroner would investigate (accident or some other cause that would cause an autopsy). I do not know the location where the death occurred, etc. I do not know who you contacted to have the ashes taken to Ecuador, etc. The more information I receive the better I could help you.

(808) 218-4955

At Allexperts I provide free information about Colombia, Ecuador, and Venezuela such as travel and investment advice. My websites are,, and I provide services such as information about real estate in the U.S., Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela. I also sell software and promote artists and models. I have been travelling to and living in Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador and U.S.A. throughout my life. I am familiar with matters related to safety and employment in the mentioned countries. I can provide information about Medellin, Pereira, Santa Rosa, Bogota, and a little bit about Cartagena, Cucuta and a few other cities. I can provide basic general information on touristic matters related to Colombia, United States, Ecuador, Venezuela. A little bit about Colombian and American immigration. I am bilingual in English and Spanish.

I have lived in Colombia in several occasions, most recently for about 6 years until 2014. I have lived in the US for many years. I invite you to visit

I studied Systems Engineering