Colon Cancer/Test results

Question
Took my first colonoscopy today. Results were a single broad-based polyp in the transverse colon (211.3) removed by cold biopsy polypectomy; internal hemorrhoids (455.0); and colon otherwise normal

Didn't have the opportunity to ask doctor questions since I was out. But I imagine the hemorrhoids are due to the prep the day before. I never have bleeding or discomfort and go everyday, sometimes a few times a day. I do occasionally strain but no pain or bleeding.
What does these codes mean. What is single broad based and compared to what. Won't have results for several days

Answer
Those codes mean exactly the same as what is written just in front of them (the diagnosises). They are used for statistics. All the rest is just a bunch of technicalities. The important thing here is the pathologist report of your polyp. That we do not have yet so your doctor can not tell you anything about it yet. Please do keep me posted!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Colon Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.