Colon Cancer/Colon cancer & sebaceous carcinoma

Diagnosed with colon cancer 10 years ago. Tumor successfully removed.Dukes Classificaton B.  6 months of chemo. 7 months ago a massive tumor of 6inches by 6 inches and 1 inch deep removed from upper back/shoulder. Report said Sebaceous Carcinoma and Muire-Torre syndrome. Feel very ill by times and have no strength with "stomach pain", although it might be colon. Scheduled for colonoscopy and gastroscopy in Feb. Do not want to go for radiotherapy, because hospital is very far. Tired of the struggle. What is the survival rate? Age 65. Thank you very much

If indeed you do have a Muire-Torre syndrome there is a connection between your colon cancer and this new sebaceous cancer. The link is probably genetic. BUT your sebaceous cancer is NOT directly connected to your colon cancer. It is an entirely new cancer and MUST be treated on its own! Such cancers are usually rather aggressive and my advice is that you should NOT say no to any kind of suggested treatment including radiation therapy!!! These are also rather rare tumors so I can not give you any precise percentage predictions. To improve your chances please accept ALL treatments suggested! Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Colon Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience with regards to this cancer.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions in these categories: Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer.

I'm a medical doctor and a specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.