Colon Cancer/Stage 4 Colon Cancer inoperable lung mets touching heart in each lung

Question
Husband(62) out of the gate in 2008 first Colonoscopy Stage 3 Colon Cancer.. Surgery and 6 months of Chemo.. 6 months after Chemo.. 2 tumors in 1 lung.. removed with Lung surgery.. another round of 6 months of Chemo.. 6 months later.. clear.. 6 months later 2 new tumors in lungs.. in EACH lung or Im thinking did they mean to tell us outside because they told us both touching his Heart in 2 different areas.. one sitting on the pump.. other on the other side.. lodged in the crease where the ventricle pump goes into the heart.. top notch Surgeon and Radiologist and OUR Oncologist all met with us at once to tell us nothing could be done due to the miraculous location as 1 put it.. Radiologist went the next day to a conference with over 400 radiologists in the room.. all turned his case down.. so .. it was 1 year since that verdict from those 3 and 1 week.. today he tells me.. that he cannot sleep except on his back.. he looks jaundice.... still working 6 days a week.. a strong strong guy.. we were told it would most likely be a Heart attack.. but it has not seem to go that way.. HE HAS not had a doctor look at him or even see him in a year.. he told me today.. when he sleeps .. and rolls to one side.. he actually feels everything in his chest moving to that side.. and again turning to the other side.. he is not having trouble breathing.. but his entire back is getting very sore.. started his high back and shoulder area.. he thought he had pulled something.. and now his lower back and not going away.. he asked me to call his doctor Monday.. so Im going to.. but I am needing to know.. we have been married 40 years.. and from day one he has said they have the wrong guy.. is why I think he has been so strong.. but please can you tell me.. is my hope of a quick, NON suffering end for him out the window ?? what is happening do you think ?  Becky

Answer
If he is jaundiced his cancer has probably spread further (liver?) and anyway his cancer wherever it is must have grown in size. In situations like this there is no way anyone can promise an easy way out for anyone else. That the process is coming to its end is evident but in view of how long he has lived with this I do not dare to predict any timetable. However I would be very surprised if he is still alive a year from now. On the other hand he can pass away at any moment in this situation. More than that can not be said. Sorry I can not be of more help!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Colon Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.