Colon Cancer/signet ring cell colon cancer

Question
QUESTION: I am a 54 year old woman who survived colon cancer 15 years ago,I have Lynch syndrome and was just diagnosed with signet ring cell colon cancer I do get diagnosed every year as well as blood work for my diagnosed marker last year I was normal but this was just discovered in my routine screening.My question is do you think it was caught quick enough or how aggresive and fast growing is this type of cancer,please let me know Im worried.

ANSWER: Hopefully it was but without having a lot more facts I can not tell you with any certainty. Was it discovered by routine colonoscopy once per year? If so what did it look like when it was discovered? How big was it? Where in your colon was it? Has it been surgically removed or removed via your colonoscopy? Can you let me read any pathology report on it? Without all this information I do not have much to work with.

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

QUESTION: Yes it was discovered during my routine yearly colonoscopy it was biopsied and came back as signet ring cell,since last year I was clean and my blood levels havent changed I'm hoping it is very early I wasent told the size but its located in the curved part of the colon on my left side(I dont know the medical name) I'm scheduled for a PET scan tommarow and surgery after the results are in,I just dont know how advanced it could be but what I've read it is extreamly aggressive and fast growing could it have spread already?

Answer
It is probably quite early, but as you mention signet cell cancers are usually aggressive. Please let me read your full pathology report as that can give me much valueable information! You can copy it here!

Colon Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.