Colon Cancer/Screening Colonoscopy

I had Colonoscopy which has 4 polyps excised one 2 from ascending colon and two from rectum. One of rectal polyp pathology showed tubular adenoma with high grade dysplasia. There was some budding of glands pushing into lamina propia but definitive invasion was not seen. The cauterized resection margins were negative for dysplasia.
Please suggest what further treatment options are there? I constantly feel tightness, bloating in abdomen and discomfort/ burning at the anal area.

Since your lesion has benen removed - as far as I can understand - radically so - there is no need to do anything more at present. However due to what was found you should have regular colonoscopies at least once per year from now on in the future to check for future changes. The symptoms you describe are not associated with these findings. You have to discuss them with your doctor. Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Colon Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience with regards to this cancer.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions in these categories: Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer.

I'm a medical doctor and a specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.