Colon Cancer/50 mm sessile polyp

Colonoscopy this week found 5 polyps of 6-10mm and removed. A 50mm polyp was found in ascending colon - incomplete resection-could not remove. Recommended to surgeon to do right hemicolectomy ASAP for treatment of the lesion. Cancer most likely? HONEST OPINION PLEASE (I think it is malignant). If so, how advanced might it be? EGD saw altered blood/coffee-ground-like material in the prepyloric region of the stomach. Anxiously awaiting your response. Sincerely, Valerie

If your doctor who performed your colonoscopy recommends a right sided hemicolectomy ASAP in the recommendations to your surgeon your doctor must be of the opinion that it is cancer. No other interpretation can be made. Your doctor was there. I was not. So I can only rely on the obvious opinion of your doctor. Without more information it is impossible to know how advanced it may be - or if it really is cancer. I suppose you have still not yet received any pathology results of those lesions removed or of the removed part of that not fully removed? Especially the last result is of interest! Please do keep me posted! In this situation I can only recommend that you follow the recommendations of your doctor! Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

I am a medical oncologist & radiation therapist! If you want you CAN give me a nomination! Check also my bio page here!  

Colon Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience with regards to this cancer.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions in these categories: Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer.

I'm a medical doctor and a specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.