Colon Cancer/Colon biopsy

Hi I had a colonoscopy and there was 5 biopsies done a flat firm polyp was found and biopsied the results say tubular adenoma with focal high grade dysplasia. I also have in the results chronic inflammation of the colon..prior to the colonoscopy about 5 weeks I was on 1250 mg daily for 6 days of prednisone for an ms attack so my doctor said that would of caused the biopsy regarding chrohnes or colitis to be inconclusive. As the steroids would of calmed some of the inflammation down..I don't have any family history father is adopted mothers family died early in her life when she was 3 not sure what illnesses her mom or sister had when they passed away...should I have repeat colonoscopy or is everything ok? Thank you in advance

Yes your cortisone treatment would make any evaluation of your colon inflammation somewhat inconclusive. What is even more important however is your adenoma. A biopsy was done showing some high grade dysplasia. The adenoma does not seem to have been removed. That makes this adenoma evaluation uncertain. I would prefer a new colonoscopy where your adenoma - if possible - should be completely removed for a pathology examination. So this is what I strongly suggest! Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Colon Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience with regards to this cancer.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions in these categories: Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer.

I'm a medical doctor and a specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.