Colon Cancer/Dr Otto Warburg Nobel prize winner on cancer

Dr Warburg
Dr Warburg  
This guy won a Nobel prize for proving cancer can't exist in an alkaline oxygen rich body? Am I getting my facts wrong this seams so simple.

No he thought that the cause of cancer is an inability to metabolize sugar with the help of oxygen and that this cancer cause was located in the mitochondriae of the cancer cells. That is not how we understand it today. Yes his observations were correct and cancer cells get a lot of their energy from fermentation with little oxygen involved but the cause of cancer is DNA injuries (genetic injuries) in the nucleus of the cancer cell, or that is how we see it today. The things he observed are seen today as the result of those injuries not their cause. Even so they may turn out to be important in cancer treatment. Only time can tell.

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Colon Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience with regards to this cancer.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions in these categories: Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer.

I'm a medical doctor and a specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.