Colon Cancer/Cecum tumor

My Gf was recently diagnosed with Lupus. I decided to organize her records and discovered that in 7/12 (2 yrs ago) she had (2) colonoscopy's both of which discovered a "cecum tumor" 2 mm.  Additionally her liver enzymes have been consistently high for over 2 years with one statement saying she had a fatty liver.
She never dealt with this because AZ Medicaid dropped her.  They just reinstated her so I took her to my doctor.  He did a ultrasound  and found nothing but the liver is still high.  In 2 months she has dropped 40 pounds but her thyroid is active again so it could be from that.  I also took her to the ER hoping they would admit her to deal with her pain and all her many issues but it was a fantasy.
Where should we go from here?

If she now again has medical insurance the logical step - if possible and if she agrees - would be to make another colonoscopy to see what the local condition is and if possible have a biopsy done or even better to have the tumor removed and sent to pathology for examination.  In that way we would know what it is and what else has to be done - if anything!  Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Colon Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience with regards to this cancer.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions in these categories: Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer.

I'm a medical doctor and a specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.