Colon Cancer/Cancer diagnosed to my cousin.

Question
Pathological Report
Pathological Report  
QUESTION: Dear Sir,

Good day to you. I need to have your kind suggestion on a issue recently diagnosed to my cousin. He has been diagnosed cancer a week ago by doctors here. He had some issues with his intestine since last one year but was not that serious. His physician prescribed him for the medical test, which is enclosed for your kind perusal. We need your advise what further tests are required for him and what should be the proper treatment for it as you are aware that cancer itself has huge psychological affect on human mind and this happens to my cousin as well, he is very disturb since he knows this. Awaiting your reply

Regards

Jahanzaib

ANSWER: If I understand his pathology report correctly the specimen that has been investigated was something he vomited up. Is that correct? If that is correct what he has is most probably a gastric cancer - a cancer of his stomach. Not of his colon. Such a cancer has a bad prognosis. To get a better picture of his condition I do suggest s gastroscopy - an endoscopic examination of the inside of his stomach. A more detailed plan of any treatment can only be made after gastroscopy has clarified his situation but is usually mainly surgical often in combination with chemotherapy. Even with treatment prognosis is usually bad unfortunately.

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved!

CT Scan
CT Scan  
QUESTION: First of all thank you for the reply. The report that I sent to you was actually of the specimen took during his endoscopy. As per my patient's wife (my sis in law), it is his biopsy report. Another report that I received last night is attached for your kind perusal. It might give you a better picture to advise.

Awaiting your kind suggestions and advise on this please.

Regards

Jahanzaib

Answer
Thanks! I would also be very grateful for his endoscopy (gastroscopy) report since that in some ways - but not all - says more than the CT-scan report. In some ways also the CT-scan report says more, so they complement each other. He has a gastric cancer. It has probably spread to lymph nodes and to his liver already and it is rather large. Only a combination of surgery and chemotherapy - if possible - can be used here. His prognosis is bad. I am sorry I have nothing better to tell you!

Colon Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.