Colon Cancer/moderately differentiated adinocarcinoma

Question
QUESTION: Dear Sir,
Good day to you. I need to have your advise on an issue recently diagnosed to my aunt(age 64 yrs).

According to the Consultant following illness cant be treated in Sri Lanka. Kindly let me know a hospital which has sufficient facilities to overcome this kind of illness in any where in the world.

"moderately differentiated adinocarcinoma of hepatic flexure of colon with multiple liver metastases in both lobes and lung metastasis."

ANSWER: Well this is a stage 4 cancer of the colon that has spread to the liver & lungs. No hospital anywhere in the world can at present cure this! But most university hospitals in Britain, USA, Canada, Australia & New Zealand can treat it by slowing down the process so that your relative ma live longer. But it will cost lots and lots of money!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved

QUESTION: Many Thanks Sir.

Do you have any idea of cost (approx.) for such kind of treatment from  an university hospital.

Kindly let me know average life expectation after having such treatment?

Many Thanks!
Kind Regards,

Devinda

Answer
No not really except that it would be VERY expensive! Except of course if she already had - to sign up for one now with this diagnosis is far too late - a very good medical insurance policy! But if she had you would not need to ask! The treatment involves anti cancer chemotherapy and those drugs are alway expensive. You may also be able to get this treatment in a university hospital in India, Pakistan or Bangladesh and there it may be less expensive but probably still expensive. Good luck!

Colon Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.