Colon Cancer/CT Scan findings

Question
I had a right kidney nephrectomy in Nov. 2014.  Stage 3 cancer in the kidney and large mass.  Operation outcome was deemed to be curative but ct scan follow ups every six months. Last abdomen ct scan was March 9th, 2016.  Summary report was normal except for bowel section which stated "There is an appearance of a 7 cm lobular soft tissue density involving the proximal transverse colon and extending extraluminally towards the splendic flexure.  This is more prominent compared to prior examinations."  on page 2: IMPRESSIONS: There is an appearance of a soft tissue density involving the proximal transverse colon extending exophytically towards the splendic flexure which has increased in prominence compared to prior examinations.  Further investigations with colonoscopy is recommended." I have scheduled the colonoscopy.  Do you have any thoughts about what this report means and what maybe happening?

Answer
Only that what has been found MUST be examined further as stated! What it is can only be determined by such procedures and must be done. It may also be necessary to inspect the bowel via laparoscopy - endoscopy via your abdominal cavity. Biopsies are probably also necessary. Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved.

Colon Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.