Colon Cancer/Worried about a possible colon cancer

Dear doctor,
These months i have had this problem of constipation that leads to hard stool that sometimes leads to some blood. The stool is so hard i end up pushing to get it out which ends up  hurting my anus. After the bowel movement i usually suffer from some pain. I have a doctor s appointement coming soon but until then I cant sleep i am really scared. How likely it is to be cancer? Ps i m on my 20 s

If I understand your age correctly you are somewhere in your 20ies. Correct? If that is so a colon cancer is very unlikely and your constipation most likely has some other cause. But if you want to be SURE I suggest a colonoscopy which will show with certainty if there is a cancer there or not! Good luck!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved.

Colon Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience with regards to this cancer.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions in these categories: Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer.

I'm a medical doctor and a specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.