Colon Cancer/colonoscopy

Last year my husband had a colonoscopy for his 5 yr checkup.
The hospital ended up screwing up .. my husband had to go back to the hospital because he was bleeding from the rectum and they had to go back and fix their botched job.  Now they want him to have another one in 1 yr which is this month.

My husband is afraid to go back to the same hospital for fear they mess up again. We are low income and the colonoscopy would be free..or we could wait until his medical insurance changes in November..ask for permission from  the new dr about having the colonoscopy soon at the new hospital ...

Which one would you advise?

Why are these colonoscopies done in his case? Without knowing that it is difficult or rather impossible to answer. I live in Sweden with a general health insurance also covering visits to private doctors. I myself have a colonoscopy done once a year for the last 8 years in a private hospital here in Stockholm. It costs me a little above 20 US $ every time. That is all. Any pathology examination charges of any biopsies are included. Over the years 6 polyps have been removed. None with cancer. But I will continue. Since in my case this habit will probably prevent any cancer development there. I have already had radiation therapy for a prostate cancer. I think that is enough. I am not sure I can give you any advice on the financial matters with regards to this situation for your husband. But I can probably advise him with regards to his medical needs! So please explain!

You can also reach me at:
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
The language problem I have had with the payment site has been solved.

Colon Cancer

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

I`m a doctor of medicine and a specialist in radiation therapy and medical oncology. I have long experience with regards to this cancer.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: I have no restrictions on the number of questions there.

I also answer questions in these categories: Oncology (General Cancer), General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer.

I'm a medical doctor and a specialist in medical oncology & radiation therapy.