Colorado/Colorado Vacation help

I will probably be staying in Denver, and renting a car. So I would probably need to be back in Denver every night. I guess one night I can stay somewhere else, and pay for both hotel rooms, for just one night. I expect the vacation to last about a week.

So, where are the best places to go that are within driving distance of Denver?

And one place where i should stay overnight, relatively close to Denver?

What places near Denver are must see?

Some of the things to do in Denver depend on the time of year you are coming out.  For instance if it during the regular season of baseball you can catch a Rockies game for little money, and we have a great ball park to visit wether or not the Rockies pull out a victory.  Other Sports in Denver are great, just not as inexpensive.  There are plenty of things to do in and around the city of Denver, such as our great museums, our fabulous performing arts complexes, many day spas and places to relax.  We also have great Restaurants downtown as well as within the area.

One of my favorite areas near the city is Golden, not only is it the home of Coors Brewery, it is a close version a mountain town and a great place to send an afternoon.  It has a historic downtown area with quaint little shops and some great places to grab a beer or some food.  One of my favorite places is the Golden City Brewery that is truly a locals only place, and home to some of the best beer in the Rocky Mountains.

Just outside of Golden is the can't be missed destination of Red Rocks.  An amazing natural wonder that houses a great concert venue where you can catch a show, see a movie, or just get in a one of a kind workout with views of the entire Denver Metro area.

If you are up for a drive you can head to either Boulder, or Fort Collins.  Both cities are home to the largest Universities in Colorado and because of this they each have great night lives, a thriving art community and, if you can't tell I love beer, some great brew-pubs.  Fort Collins is about an hour and half drive away and Boulder is about an hour.  I would recommend staying in Fort Collins, particularly in the Fall as the CSU campus' oval in beautiful in the fall.

Heading into the mountains and what to do there could fill a book, and I am sure that there are plenty to read.  I like Breckenridge for it's out of the way feel, and it's close proximity to Denver (about 1.5 hours).  I would describe Breck just like I did Golden, only it is actually in the mountains.

Below are some links to some of the destinations I mentioned above.

Tyler Hecox

I can answer questions about Denver and the surrounding Metro area. Knowledge on Ski Resorts, Colorado Outdoors, and anything and everything to do with the City of Denver. I also can answer questions about the entire state and some of the surrounding states.

I have lived here my entire life and know all there is about local hotels, attractions, events, and sight seeing. I can also give information about our local breweries, restaurants, and places that MUST BE SEEN when visiting the metro area.

Green Mountain High School University of Colorado, both Boulder and Denver