Comedy Movies/60s ghost comedy

Missa in MO wrote at 2009-08-12 21:34:50
There is another movie that I am trying to find that is similar.  Only it was more like one of the beach movies.  The girl in the movie was blonde and the boy was a teen and rather geeky.  One of the ghosts was an older woman that demanded that the boy bring her '7 day deoderant'

Lance wrote at 2009-08-13 00:19:19
The movie she is looking for is not Black beards ghost , i seen the one she is talking about when i was a kid in the middle 70's i remember the film was color and it had a scene where a ghost woman and a teen ghost were sitting on top of a cottage at the end of the movie ...

blup wrote at 2010-12-27 23:56:07
Blackbeard's Ghost is not the one I think we're all talking about here.  I remember the main pirate ghost had ghost daughters that would play tricks on people.  I'm pretty sure one of them was named Felicity.

ayesijuan wrote at 2011-08-19 19:58:09
I too am looking for this movie. I saw it at the theatre in the mid 60s and it was about a teenage boy and a husband and wife ghosts in a seaside house. The ghost husband is still trying to kill the wife in a jealous rage and the kid trys to help her. It was done like the ghost and mr. chicken with the same type music and classic character actors but i can't remember who was in it.

bogeycadet wrote at 2013-07-03 15:44:04
I believe the movie is "The Spirit Is Willing" directed by William Castle starring Sid Caesar, Vera Miles, and Barry Gordon.  A couple and their teenage son rent a haunted New England seaside house, and their summer vacation turns into a ghost-hunt. There is a scene in it where party is given with people dressed as pirates.  Blackbeard's Ghost is totally different. It is about a cursed ghost of Blackbeard conjured up by a coach and gets the coach into trouble.  The inn where the coach and ghost reside is run by elderly ladies descended from the Blackbeard's crew.  

Comedy Movies

Barbara L. Baker