Comic books (Comics)/X-Men volume ! sept 63

Question
I have an xmen vol.1 comic, as of yet ungraded. My question is, there is a small piece of writing on the left side of the cover, "7-9". I was wondering if i should have that removed before getting it graded.

Answer
Hi Joe,

I would leave it.  Small writing like a date on the cover or even a date stamp, are usually not a big  hang up for collectors.  As long as it's not messy or written so large that it detracts from the overall appearance of the comic, and in your case, it doesn't sound like it does.

If the writing is in pen, then I'm not sure how you would have it removed.  If it's in pencil, and you try to erase it, you have the risk of erasing the cover ink that's around the writing, which will make it look worse.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any further questions.

- Mark  

Comic books (Comics)

Mark Harmon