Comic books (Comics)/double cover comic

Hi, I inherited a box of comics in extremely fine condition. Perfect I guess, and most from the seventies. One in this instance has a double cover, or you could say 2 complete covers stapled onto the magazine. I was curious if it was of any worth.It is a 1978 peter parker spectacular spider-man #19 . Never saw a comic book with 2 covers before. Many thanks,Tom

Hi Tom,

Spectacular Spider-Man #19 isn't a high dollar comic itself, but there are collectors who are into the double covers. The only exception, I would say, is if the interior cover looks the same wear-wise (or worse) than the exterior cover.  Typically the interior cover looks nicer with less wear and more glossy.

If I were selling a double cover comic, I would do a search on eBay for "double cover" comics.  Find out what those are selling for, and then do a comparison by searching for similar comics without a double cover.

In Fine grade, that issue is currently valued at $6, so realistically I wouldn't expect it to sell for a much higher price than an issue without a double cover.

Hope this helps.

- Mark

Comic books (Comics)

Mark Harmon

Collector since I was 10 and a seller for the past fifteen years. Expertise in Marvel and DC superhero comics but am knowledgeable about a variety of independents as well. If I don`t know the answer, I can usually direct you to someone who can.

Marvel and DC superhero titles.

NoVa ComiX website won a "Cool Site" award from