Comic books (Comics)/comic books

I buy my comic books and graphic novels in paper form as well beside the little bit digital one which I do not buy.

But I have two problems:

1. I scan the comic books and graphic novels at book scan us?  Therefore, scanning might violate copyright infringement. I need help with this one too.
2. I upload it at storage sites to keep it safe where I can always retrieve a copy? this one I can get my account cancel if my scan comic books violate copyright infringement. Therefore, I would not be able to keep it. I need that help so that I can have a back up at a storage of my comic books and graphic novels to always a back up copy. I need help with this one.

Answer by Henry to the two problems above:

1. okay to scan, but have one copy for yourself.  I do not make multiple and shared them or something like that.
2. okay as well as long you have one copy for yourself and not shared it.

1. Scanning your own comics is (as far as I know) legal as long as you don't share them or sell them for profit.

2. Keeping the digital backups at a storage site should be OK. But if you are worried about it, why don't you just keep the backups on a harddisk on your own computer?

If you need a backup, you have to simply decide to keep a backup. If you keep worrying about whether you can have one or not, you will never find a solution.

- Tue sorensen

Comic books (Comics)

Tue Sørensen

I can answer questions about the *contents* of most superhero and sci-fi comics (and also fantasy/sword'n'sorcery like Elfquest and Conan the Barbarian) and also about the writers and artists, but not about the *condition* of your comics (i.e. I will not grade your comics or evaluate their value). I am very knowledgable about American comics in general, esp. Marvel, but also DC and indies. I cannot answer questions about Japanese manga comics, which I know very little about. The majority of my expertise spans from comics published between 1960 and 2000, but if you have questions about before or after those dates, I probably know enough to find the info you need.

I was an avid comic book collector from the early 1980s to around 2000 (and have still been buying little bits and pieces thereafter), and I still have my collection of 18,000+ comics, incl. some European ones (I hail from Denmark). I have been an active participant in comics fandom; I have written about comics in fanzines, APAzines, magazines and letter columns, and worked briefly in a comic shop (would love to have done that as a career, but here in Denmark we only have a couple of shops, so that opportunity is hard to come by). I have also attempted to write scripts for comics based on my own ideas - projects which I'm still working on.

I have studied Biology, English and history at university level.