Comic books (Comics)/Plate value

Popeye plate
Popeye plate  
I have a lead printing plate for Popeye #39 published March 1957 "The mountain that talked back" and "What did he say?". The page numbers are a bit tough to make out backwards...but I believe they are 6,11,22, 27.  In between frames, in the center is engraved script which says "Popeye 39    6".
The plate is flat with only a couple of "dings" on the outer edges. The frames themselves are in mint shape.
Any idea of the value?

Hi Jeffrey

This is a neat item. However, there really is not a well-developed collector's market for these. Some printing plates from 1960s Disney comics recently sold on eBay for around $10 to $20 each. I would expect that yours would also sell for somewhere in that price range.

Comic books (Comics)

Chris Brown

I have extensive knowledge on comic books published from 1897 through 1975. My knowledge goes beyond superheroes to include early strip reprints from 1897-1930 or so, science fiction, horror comics of the 50s and 70s, love, crime, satire and other genres. I can provide advice on buying or selling comics as well as answering general queries.

I am a longtime collector and occasional seller of older comics.

Bachelor of Arts