Comic books (Comics)/Comics code authority

Hello. My friend and I are doing our National History Day project on Comics code authority and how it changed America. We wanted to interview about everything you know. if you know little about this topic, please tell us someone who can answer quickly because our project is due January 6th. Please reply as quickly as possible. Have a nice day and a happy new year.

All right, I have asked around for someone you can interview, and found a guy who knows about this. His name is Kirk Greenfield, and you can email him at - he will be happy to let you interview him about the CCA.

Good luck,
- Tue Sorensen

Comic books (Comics)

Tue Sørensen

I can answer questions about the *contents* of most superhero and sci-fi comics (and also fantasy/sword'n'sorcery like Elfquest and Conan the Barbarian) and also about the writers and artists, but not about the *condition* of your comics (i.e. I will not grade your comics or evaluate their value). I am very knowledgable about American comics in general, esp. Marvel, but also DC and indies. I cannot answer questions about Japanese manga comics, which I know very little about. The majority of my expertise spans from comics published between 1960 and 2000, but if you have questions about before or after those dates, I probably know enough to find the info you need.

I was an avid comic book collector from the early 1980s to around 2000 (and have still been buying little bits and pieces thereafter), and I still have my collection of 18,000+ comics, incl. some European ones (I hail from Denmark). I have been an active participant in comics fandom; I have written about comics in fanzines, APAzines, magazines and letter columns, and worked briefly in a comic shop (would love to have done that as a career, but here in Denmark we only have a couple of shops, so that opportunity is hard to come by). I have also attempted to write scripts for comics based on my own ideas - projects which I'm still working on.

I have studied Biology, English and history at university level.