Comic books (Comics)/first run vs. reprint?

Question
I have a Star Wars comic book (#3, Battle on the Death Star)and would like to know how I can tell if it is a first run or a reprint?  I'd like to sell it but I'd like to know what I'm selling!  
Thanks,
Amy

Answer
Hi Amy,

For that issue, there are several places you can check.  Some of them will have REPRINT printed on the front cover located near the upper edge of the spine.  On others, you will need to check the indicia which is located at the bottom margin of the first page.  If your comic is not a first print, somewhere in the indicia it will state that the comic is either a 2nd Print or that it is a reprint of previously published material.

Hope this helps.

- Mark

Comic books (Comics)

Mark Harmon